Florida was shown no love from the College Football Playoff committee Tuesday night. As I expected, the Gators dropped a few spots after their poor performance against Florida Atlantic this past Saturday. Florida has work to do in order to be selected for one of the four Playoff spots at the end of the season.
Here are six things you need to know:
- As expected, Florida dropped in the College Football Playoff rankings. Will Florida be able to make up ground before the final release?
- Could Florida’s drop in the College Football Playoff rankings hurt the SEC in the long run?
- A two-loss SEC team could make the Playoff, and here’s how
- Here’s what Florida players had to say about stopping Florida State running back Dalvin Cook
- A Gators top assistant will reportedly interview for UCF job
- Florida announces two top commits have officially signed with the team
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Senior day never gets old for Florida tight end Jake McGee. (Edgar Thompson, Orlando Sentinel)
- The Gators think the offensive line will bounce back against Florida State. (Robbie Andreu, Gainesville Sun)
The best stories around the SEC
- Nation’s No. 1 recruit gives the strongest defense imaginable for Les Miles to stay at LSU.
- Auburn legend Bo Jackson thinks Alabama RB Derrick Henry is the No. 1 choice for the Heisman.
- Report names two intriguing candidates to take over for Gary Pinkel at Missouri .
- Former South Carolina QB Connor Shaw calls out Gamecocks on Twitter.
- The full College Football Playoff rankings can be viewed here.