6 things every Florida fan needs to know today
Florida squeaked out wins against Vanderbilt, South Carolina and Florida Atlantic before hosting No. 13 Florida State. The glaring holes at quarterback and kicker were too much to overcome against the Seminoles Saturday night. FSU beat Florida 27-2. The Gators’ putrid offense now will go up against No. 2 Alabama in the SEC Championship game. The Crimson Tide statistically have one of the top five defenses in the country.
Here are six things to know:
- Jim McElwain wasn’t too pleased with Florida in his post-game press conference.
- Florida wide receiver Demarcus Robinson was suspended shortly before the Florida State game
- McElwain commented on Robinson’s suspension, and what the coach said will surely raise eyebrows
- The Gators are reportedly recruiting ex-Florida State quarterback De’Andre Johnson. You may recognize the name because he made national headlines for punching a woman in a Tallahassee bar this summer.
- 4-star recruit says “UF fans are super disrespectful”
- “Unbiased” ESPN analyst Danny Kanell made fun of Florida fans
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Does this loss mean Florida has no chance at making the College Football Playoff? (Edward Aschoff, ESPN)
- Florida’s offensive struggles have worsened (Robbie Andreu, Gainesville Sun)
The best stories around the SEC
- LSU’s athletic director says Les Miles will be the team’s coach next season
- Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin trolled Cam Newton after Iron Bowl win
- Former Florida coach Will Muschamp erupted at officials after personal foul call
- Les Miles’ future as LSU’s coach was reportedly decided in the third quarter
- Cam Newton was infuriated after an Alabama fan asked him this question