Florida coach Jim McElwain has been praised all year for how he’s turning around the football program in Gainesville, Fla. On Wednesday, he was rewarded for his efforts. More good news also came to him from the recruiting trail.
Here are six things you need to know today:
- McElwain was named SEC Coach of the Year, becoming only the third Florida coach to earn the honor in his first season.
- Gators commit Feleipe Franks is “not worried” about Florida’s recruitment of Jacob Eason or any other quarterback.
- A look at Florida’s QB situation for 2016. The Gators will have much more depth at the position than they did this year.
- A Michigan linebacker decommitted from the in-state Wolverines following an in-home visit with UF.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban is heavily pursuing a Florida running back commit, but isn’t gaining ground.
- Florida All-America cornerback Vernon Hargreaves III had high praise for Alabama’s Calvin Ridley.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- McElwain hopes Florida’s staff stays together (Jesse Simonton, Miami Herald)
- QB play the reason SEC East is down (Pat Dooley, Gainesville Sun)