It was a busy recruiting weekend for Florida coach Jim McElwain and his assistant coaches. They had prospects in town for official visits, and then hit the road Sunday to go see their top targets. McElwain & Co. certainly head into the recruiting dead period with a lot of momentum.
Here are six things to know:
- Elite recruits, both on the Florida and Georgia side of things, offer their predictions on 5-star QB Jacob Eason’s final decision.
- Florida landed a 4-star defensive end less than a week after he de-committed from a SEC East division rival.
- A Florida WR commit who was set to enroll early parted ways with the Gators on Sunday.
- Florida’s coaching staff hit the recruiting trail in full force on the final day of the contact period.
- The nation’s No. 6-ranked outside linebacker listed two SEC schools in his group of five finalists.
- One of Tennessee’s top commitments is eyeing a possible official visit to Florida.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Florida’s Vernon Hargreaves is on AP All-America first team (Robbie Andreu, Gainesville Sun)
- Bowl prep a chance for younger Florida players to make a mark (Thomas Goldkamp, 247Sports)
The best stories around the SEC
- Police: Ole Miss star Robert Nkemdiche fell from hotel window, suspected marijuana found in room
- Report: Will Muschamp targeting two vital UGA coaches to fill out South Carolina staff
- A deeper look at the stats reveals the true value of UGA’s new offensive coordinator
- Report: Alabama’s Nick Saban told Packers to bench Eddie Lacy