Uncomfortable coaching run-ins and on-the-fence high school recruits highlight today’s batch of Florida news. Happy Wednesday, Gator fans!
Here are six things to know:
- Not only did Jim McElwain and UGA coach Kirby Smart bump into each on the recruiting trail, but they took a picture together with their staffs, too. Weird.
- Alabama might have gotten the edge in the SEC Championship game, but Florida wins this one. The Crimson Tide tried to court linebacker recruit Vosean Joseph away from his pledge to the Gators, and it didn’t work.
- Emojis and all-caps: this Florida commit is pumped.
- Florida is doing everything it can to make a five-star defensive end feel needed.
- In case you missed it, here are the six biggest recruiting storylines from this past weekend.
- This upcoming weekend’s a biggie, too.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- ESPN’s Edward Aschoff broke down Florida’s best win this season and what’s to come in 2016.
- So far so good for McElwain and his first time on the recruiting trail for Florida, the Palm Beach Post’s Anthony Chiang wrote.
- In case you missed it, Shaq, a cop and some kids all played pickup basketball together, Today’s Scott Stump wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- A former Texas A&M trainer is shedding some light on some unethical medical decisions that went on behind the scenes.
- An LSU senior is wishing he had another crack at Alabama.
- No one really knows where this four-star NFL legacy wants to play his college ball — including his mom.
- A special friendship from high school has Auburn’s quarterback changing his jersey number for the 2016 season.
- A video that reportedly indicated Missouri’s Maty Mauk being involved in drug use recently went viral. Mauk’s teammates are responding.