Thursday was another good day for the Gators. A former player got a coaching job, Jim McElwain got a new assistant and SEC Country dove into some of the stories behind Florida’s recruits.
Here are six things to know:
- The Gators have a new defensive backs coach.
- Former star quarterback Chris Leak also got some good career news Thursday.
- Tyrie Cleveland is thrilled to have signed with Florida, but his aunt was not on board. In fact, she was in tears.
- Here’s the Signing Day recap in case you missed anything … or just want to relive Wednesday in all its glory.
- The signatures the Gators got Wednesday were huge, but even more so were the early enrollees they secured in January.
- Bret Bielema and Jim McElwain got a little chippy Wednesday over a misunderstanding. This isn’t Bielema’s first rodeo though in terms of controversial comments.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Florida lost a commit to Florida State. While it might’ve been a surprise to the Gators, Florida State knew it was coming all along, ESPN wrote.
- SB Nation compared Jim McElwain’s recruiting classes to those of two former coaches in the state of Florida.
The best stories around the SEC
- New details have emerged regarding Johnny Manziel’s latest alleged incident with his ex-girlfriend.
- An Alabama legacy is hoping to follow in his father’s footsteps.
- A former UGA recruit made public some messages that seem to have been from Kirby Smart.
- Who wins what? A look at SEC Country’s first Signing Day awards.
- Would recruiting coordinators make good head coaches?