6 things every Florida fan needs to know today
Florida may have what looks like an easy opponent this Saturday in Vanderbilt, but don’t tell that to Jim McElwain. McElwain is preparing his team as if it was playing in the national championship this Saturday. He wants to make sure the Gators don’t take the Commodores lightly.
Here are six things to know:
- Florida may be without two starters this Saturday. Big losses here if this happens because Vanderbilt actually has a pretty solid defense.
- How exactly did Florida’s offense succeed against UGA? In-depth film breakdown of the Gators’ game plan from this past Saturday.
- Florida’s defense used different looks to pressure UGA on Saturday. Another film breakdown of the Gators. This time, it focuses on Florida’s elite defense.
- Former Gators QB Jesse Palmer won a bet on the UGA game against his Good Morning America co-worker. Find out what the punishment was.
- Florida-South Carolina game time has been announced. Make sure this is in your schedule.
- Despite a big win on Saturday, Florida is still behind two teams in the SEC Country Power Rankings. The Gators should move up this Saturday if they care of business.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Despite struggling at points, quarterback Treon Harris provides Florida with explosive plays. (Zach Abolverdi, Gainesville Sun)
- Linebacker Antonio Morrison receives SEC honors. (Fox Sports)
- Did Jim McElwain take a shot at Florida State? (Matt Baker, Tampa Bay Times)