6 things every Florida fan needs to know today
It’s Wednesday morning which means the latest edition of the College Football Playoff rankings were released Tuesday night. I have a feeling Gators fans are not going to be excited about the projected matchup Florida would have if the season ended today.
Here are six things to know:
- Florida falls in the College Football Playoff rankings after a sloppy win against Vanderbilt. It’s not all that shocking to see. The best part for the Gators? It really doesn’t matter where Florida is ranked because if it keeps on winning, the Playoffs will be calling.
- Three reasons why Florida should have a gripe with its ranking. Very valid points brought up in this, but again, Florida just needs to keep winning.
- Florida would square off against a team it has never played before if the season ended today. This wouldn’t be a matchup I would get excited over.
- Florida’s bowl projections after 8-1 start. This was released before the actual bowl rankings, and it’s too bad that these games wouldn’t be correct.
- Nation’s No. 3 player has huge news for the Gators. This guy would be a huge addition for the Florida program.
- Elite WR could potentially flip from Auburn to Florida. Interesting news in here.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Jim McElwain’s success is carrying over into recruiting (Chris Johnston, Sports Illustrated)
- McElwain is eager to see how Florida tests the uncharted territory that lies ahead (Edgar Thompson, Orlando Sentinel)
The best stories around the SEC
- LSU investigating Leonard Fournette’s family for possible NCAA violation.
- Full College Football Playoff rankings released
- What national media members had to say about the latest College Football Playoff rankings.
- Why South Carolina players are calling this current Gamecock a”traitor“
- A Vegas expert said Alabama would be a sizable favorite over Ohio State and Clemson