6 things every Florida fan needs to know today
Florida is now potentially three games away from earning a spot in the College Football Playoff. One would think that if Florida were to win the SEC Championship game against Alabama (and it’s looking like the Gators will play the Crimson Tide), it would be enough to vault the Gators into the final four. It’s been a magical season, regardless of how the rest of the year plays out.
Here are six things to know:
- Five things we learned from Florida’s win over South Carolina.
- Jim McElwain’s postgame press conference: “We’ve got a bunch of winners.”
- Florida lost a big part of its defense in Saturday’s game. Here’s the latest with his injury status.
- Former Gators cornerback found not guilty of four first-degree felonies, and now he wants to return to Florida.
- Nation’s No. 1 outside linebacker says something that may frighten Gators fans.
- This 5-star prospect is really liking Florida, and that shows with his latest move.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Just like Steve Spurrier, McElwain has given Florida life in one magical season. (Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel)
- Florida’s offense lacks consistency, and it needs to develop an identity soon. (Robbie Andreu, Gainesville Sun)
The best stories around the SEC
- UGA DB shaken up after getting slapped by a coach.
- New details indicate South Carolina is closing in on a candidate for its next head coach.
- Police intervene to stop Arkansas player from dancing on LSU’s midfield logo.
- Missouri players surround coach Gary Pinkel during emotional interview.
- Did Lane Kiffin actually interview for a head coaching job?