Florida moved to 10-1 after defeating Florida Atlantic 20-14 in overtime. It wasn’t pretty but the Gators found a way to win, which is obviously the most important thing. If Florida was to win next weekend against Florida State and the SEC West champion in the SEC Championship game, one would think the Gators would be one of four Playoff teams.
Here are six things to know:
- Florida survived and kept its Playoff chances alive with an overtime victory over Florida Atlantic.
- Jim McElwain acknowledged in his postgame press conference that FAU “beat the heck out of us.”
- McElwain became the first coach in program history to accomplish this impressive feat.
- Five things we learned from Florida’s underwhelming win over Florida Atlantic.
- Florida is in good shape to flip this LSU QB commit.
- You may have missed this Friday night: Will Grier lost his appeal.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Does Florida stand a chance against Florida State next weekend? (Greg Wallace, Bleacher Report)
- Florida may have won, but it failed the Playoff eye test. (Zac Ellis, Sports Illustrated)
- Gators avoid stench of embarrassing loss at home. (Pat Dooley, Gainesville Sun)
The best stories around the SEC
- Urban Meyer and Ohio State are no longer undefeated, and that helps Florida out.
- LSU’s Les Miles got wiped out on the sideline.
- Watch the inspirational video of Devon Gales, the Southern player who was paralyzed earlier this season in a game against UGA.
- Nick Saban is college football’s most prepared coach, according to his peers.
- South Carolina’s Shawn Elliot blasts coaching rumor on Twitter.