Good morning, Gators fans. Spring practice appears to be going well down at The Swamp, where current players are developing and talented recruits are coming away impressed. Check out the latest UF news below.
Here are seven things to know:
- Luke Del Rio, the son of Raiders coach Jack Del Rio and the frontrunner for Florida’s starting quarterback job, believes his winding journey to Gainesville was “meant to be.”
- After a shaky combine performance, one of the Gators’ running backs redeemed himself at Florida’s Pro Day.
- After de-committing from Miami, a three-star recruit received “major love” from Florida’s coaches this week.
- Coach Jim McElwain calls Steve Spurrier’s recent visit “one of the best ever.”
- SEC Country’s Zach Abolverdi conducted a Periscope Q&A to discuss the latest UF football news.
- The Gators’ Thursday scrimmage drew two in-state recruits who are committed to rival schools.
- One Florida product has been invited to the NFL draft in Chicago. See why he turned the offer down.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Florida helped its chances with a three-star linebacker this week, writes Gator Country’s Andrew Spivey.
- McElwain is eager to see the Gators’ progress during scrimmages, reports the Orlando Sentinel’s Edgar Thompson.
The best stories around the SEC
- A former Ole Miss wide receiver is planning a big surprise for the kids who will be attending his upcoming football camp.
- Vanderbilt has denied a report stating basketball coach Kevin Stallings will be fired.
- A famous NASCAR driver donned football pads during a Tennessee spring practice.
- A look at the golden era of SEC West coaches.