Good morning, Gators fans. It was a busy Thursday in Gainesville. Get caught up on the latest UF news below:
Here are seven things to know:
- Florida will be rolling out the red carpet for the No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2017.
- A trio of Miami recruits will head to Gainesville for the second time in three weeks.
- The nation’s No. 1 JUCO defensive end listed Florida and six other SEC teams in his top 10.
- UF’s secondary is showing no signs of a drop-off.
- A Florida All-American praised Florida coach Jim McElwain for teaching him a valuable life lesson.
- A former Gators basketball assistant is joining Alabama’s staff.
- Watch McElwain make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and talk football with some ESPN personalities.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- The strength of Florida’s offensive line is in numbers, writes WRUF’s Nicole Thompson.
- From the Palm Beach Post’s Anthony Chiang: The Gators hope to display an improved offense in the Orange & Blue Debut.
The best stories around the SEC
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema has no time for recruits who disrespect women.
- According to 247Sports’ Barton Simmons, the SEC has the three best recruiting staffs in the country.
- Four SEC players have visited with the Dallas Cowboys in the last three days.