7 things every Florida fan needs to know today
This should not be a stressful week for the Gators. Florida squares off against Florida Atlantic this Saturday in a tune-up game for the Nov. 28 matchup against Florida State. But Gators fans are well aware of what happens when you take an opponent for granted (ahem, Georgia Southern). I’m confident that won’t happen under Jim McElwain’s watch.
Here are seven things you need to know today:
- Florida makes a big jump in the latest AP Top 25 rankings. The Gators are likely to jump up in the College Football Playoff rankings, too.
- The Gators opened as the overwhelming favorite against FAU. Do you think Florida will win by this many points?
- Florida gets good marks in its latest report card, but there is still lots of room for improvement. The Gators must improve in this area before we can talk about a possible championship.
- An Alabama-Florida SEC Championship matchup looks inevitable, but there’s a way where the Gators could play a different team. For the Gators’ sake, they should hope this happens.
- A Florida commit said the South Carolina game shouldn’t have been that close. He’s right.
- One of the Southeast’s top quarterbacks is looking to get an offer from Florida. This kid is legit. He would be a great addition for the Gators.
- One of Georgia’s top prospects has Florida in his top four. This guy was in the backfield all night when I attended his game this past Friday.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Florida now has its eyes on a potential Playoff berth (Edgar Thompson, Orlando Sentinel)
- Florida is playing with a new attitude (Jesse Simonton, Miami Herald)
The best stories from around the SEC
- One national writer jokes that Toledo should be the nation’s No. 2 team.
- LSU’s tight end ripped the Tigers fan base after the team’s loss to Arkansas
- Eight candidates that could replace Missouri coach Gary Pinkel
- Lane Kiffin sprinted down the sideline, did a stiff arm on Derrick Henry’s touchdown run
- Kirk Herbstreit’s latest College Football Playoff rankings feature one SEC team