Wednesday began with a de-commitment for Florida, though SEC Country signaled the move was coming in an earlier report. But by the day’s end, the Gators had signed three more commitments for January and received good news from a pair of prospects. UF coach Jim McElwain also gave his take on the recruiting excitement surrounding his program.
Here are seven things to know:
- Florida signed junior college transfers Dre Massey, Eddy Pineiro, and Mark Thompson to their letters of intent.
- McElwain commented on their signings as well as the Gators’ recent momentum on the recruiting trail.
- Here is what’s next for Florida Gators quarterback Will Grier as he prepares to rejoin the team.
- After calling himself a “soft commit” to SEC Country, this defensive end backed off his pledge to Florida.
- A UF commit from Alabama passed on the opportunity to visit Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide.
- Following a late offer from Florida, this Georgia linebacker has pushed back his decision date.
- A 4-star defensive tackle previews his commitment announcement, which includes the Gators among his finalists.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- The University Athletic Association increases UF football ticket prices (Chris Curry/Gainesville Sun)
- Gators wide receiver Antonio Callaway named to the Sporting News Freshman All-America team (Matt Hayes/Sporting News)
The best stories around the SEC
- Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin reacts to Kyler Murray transfer rumors
- Former South Carolina star to join Will Muschamp’s staff
- Alabama’s Nick Saban weighs in on Kirby Smart’s extended stay
- UGA suspends lineman for bowl game