Wednesday was a mixed bag of recruiting news for Florida.
The Gators’ top-rated commit revealed that UF is the only school he’ll visit this month, and an elite lineman gave SEC Country rave reviews of his trip to Gainesville.
However, a pair of four-star receivers eliminated Florida from consideration and one Gators pledge may visit a rival school.
Here are seven things to know:
- It was another busy recruiting day for the Gators coaching staff in Florida and Georgia.
- Get answers to your recruiting questions in the latest edition of Zach’s Mail Stack.
- A five-star recruit “got scared” when rival coaches crossed paths at his high school.
- This coveted offensive tackle is awaiting an in-home visit from the Gators following a “thoroughly impressive” UF trip.
- An Auburn commit is no longer visiting Florida this weekend.
- Despite an in-home visit from McElwain, this four-star receiver has eliminated the Gators.
- One of Florida’s rivals extended an offer to a UF commit and there’s a “pretty good chance” he’ll visit them now.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- UF football spring game under the lights? (Robbie Andreu/Gainesville Sun)
- Florida commits make moves in final Top247 (Luke Stampini/247Sports)
The best stories around the SEC
- Will Muschamp on Steve Spurrier: ‘It is important for (him) to be around’
- Auburn AD stands by coach: ‘I still believe in Gus’
- Rating the SEC changes: UGA and Tennessee up, Auburn and South Carolina down
- Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh has “Netflix & Chill” night with Alabama target
- Mark Richt courts the UGA commit with the ‘G’ tattoo