The biggest weekend of the recruiting process is upon us. This is the time for coach Jim McElwain and the Gators to make their final pitches to recruits. Florida has a lot riding on these final official visits before Signing Day on Feb. 3 and SEC Country will keep you in the loop every step of the way.
Here are seven things to know:
- SEC Country’s Zach Abolverdi set aside some time to answer all of your questions in his mailbag. Stay informed!
- To be or not to be?
- One of the nation’s top wide receivers is coming back to his home state this weekend for an official visit to Florida. The Gators are hard at work convincing him to flip his commitment.
- The nation’s No. 2 cornerback will visit Florida this weekend, but an army of Arkansas coaches are doing everything they can to show him he’s perhaps more wanted in Fayetteville.
- As for his end, though, it seems like he truly doesn’t know yet where he’ll go.
- Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh won this recruiting battle.
- Jacoby Brissett left the SEC yet he still outplayed all the other quarterbacks on the South team at Senior Bowl Thursday.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- He’s already told Florida he’s coming, but Jeawon Taylor was still excited to see Jim McElwain pay him a visit in his Alabama hometown, Gator Country’s Andrew Spivey wrote.
- Florida has a pair of dynamite running backs headed its way to replace Kelvin Taylor, SB Nation’s Andy Hutchins wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk was dismissed from the team.
- Following his dismissal, Mauk tweeted out a heartfelt statement.
- Could this be a good thing for both the team and Mauk in the long run? Short answer: Yes.
- Here’s how his teammates responded.
- Here are eight players to read up on if you’re following the Senior Bowl.
- Check out what Kirby Smart’s transportation mode of choice was when he visited a top recruit.