By all accounts, it seems like it was a strong weekend for the Gators. The football team got some good news, the men’s basketball team trounced No. 9 West Virginia and recruits left Gainesville happy with their visits as we gear up for National Signing Day on Wednesday. Not a bad start to the week!
Here are seven things to know:
- First up: Florida’s offensive coordinator is coming back for the 2016 season.
- The O’Connell Center was rocking on Saturday. The win over West Virginia was huge for Mike White’s program.
- Florida and Ohio State are duking it out for this five-star wide receiver in 2017. Florida is making progress.
- Florida State is after one of Florida’s top commits. The commit’s teammate provided some insight on where he might stand.
- One of Florida’s best current players hosted one of its top recruits this weekend.
- The nation’s No. 2 wide receiver likes Florida.
- Three Florida commits are adding some suspense to National Signing Day.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- This year’s recruiting class is a sign that Florida is headed in a strong direction, the Tampa Tribune’s Joey Johnston wrote.
- The father of one of Florida’s top targets recapped his family’s weekend visit with the Gators, Gator Country’s Andrew Spivey wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- Cam Newton is headed to the Super Bowl in style.
- Odell Beckham Jr.’s fashion choices aren’t too bad, either.
- Mississippi State’s only wide receiver commit is no longer with the Bulldogs.
- At least two SEC coaches thought Newton might be better suited at a position other than quarterback out of high school.