Good morning, Florida fans, and happy Thursday! As many of you know, spring practice is under way. That means an intense quarterback battle to tune in to and new faces to watch out for. We’ve also got some recruiting updates for you. So without further adieu …
Here are seven things to know:
- First up, a quick look at who stood out on the first day of practice.
- Florida’s tight quarterback race is a paramount battle for the Gators this spring. Here’s why.
- Have a question about spring practice? SEC Country’s Zach Abolverdi might have answered it in a Periscope Q&A from the field Wednesday.
- Which Florida running back was recently compared to Heisman winner Derrick Henry?
- One of Florida’s 2016 signees flipped from Houston to Florida at the last minute. He recently gave SEC Country an inside look into his recruiting process and what stood out.
- One ACC school and four SEC schools are in the mix for a four-star linebacker out of Miami. Check out what he had to say about each of the five schools, including Florida, on his list.
- One recruit grew up cheering for Florida as his favorite team, but now the Gators aren’t toward the top of his recruiting list.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- The Palm Beach Post’s Anthony Chiang has a slew of previews broken down by position for you to read all throughout spring practice.
- Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan team had a positive experience in Florida for spring practice. So much so that Harbaugh is still talking about the trip, the Detroit Free Press’ Mark Snyder wrote.
- Florida and Arkansas meet in the SEC Tournament today. What’s the key for the Gators? The Gainesville Sun’s Kevin Brockway broke it down.
The best stories around the SEC
- Derrick Henry has no doubt in his mind he can make it in the NFL.
- If teams are doubting Henry’s potential, Nick Saban certainly doesn’t understand the hesitation.
- One of Mississippi State’s wide receivers is out for the rest of spring practice with an injury.
- Alabama quarterback Jake Coker and coach Saban both addressed Coker’s snub at the NFL Scouting Combine.
- The SEC Tournament kicked off with some bizarre technological glitches.