8 things every Florida fan needs to know today
Florida coach Jim McElwain announced after practice on Wednesday that one key Gator’s status for Saturday’s game is up-in-the-air after sustaining a foot injury in practice. If he were to miss the game, it would be a huge blow to the team.
Here are eight things to know:
- Freshman wide receiver Antonio Callaway questionable for Saturday’s game after sustaining foot injury Wednesday. He’s arguably the Gators’ best playmaker. His loss would be huge.
- Both Florida and UGA enter Saturday’s game with the same question. Will either team get the answer it hopes for after the game?
- Trying to make sense of Florida quarterback Will Grier’s situation. Very in-depth article on what Grier is facing and the impact his decision has had on the Gators and the entire NCAA.
- Florida gets commitment from 4-star defensive end. This kid is very talented and should make an impact as soon as he gets on campus.
- Former Gators offensive lineman still helping the team win despite not playing. Great piece here. You just have to hope for the best for him and his situation.
- Top recruits pick the winner between UF-UGA. Some of the reasons given for Florida winning are just great.
- Six best recruiting battles won by UF over UGA throughout the years. Is anyone missing off this list?
- Florida commit receives terrible news. Tough break. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Despite being in very different situations, the SEC East is in reach for both Florida and UGA. (David Ching, ESPN)
- This stat should make Gators fans feel good about their chances on Saturday. (David Paschall, Albany Herald)
- Florida quarterback Treon Harris has the attention of UGA’s defense. (Robbie Andreu, Gainesville Sun)
The best stories around the SEC
- SEC fans will get a good laugh from Big Ten Network analyst’s playoff bracket
- Leonard Fournette: LSU “hasn’t won a championship in a minute”
- Ole Miss star is “ready to go” for this weekend
- Advanced metrics show strength of SEC West, weakness of East
- Arkansas receiver suspended for not going to class