8 things every Florida fan needs to know today
It still hasn’t sunk in yet. The Florida Gators are the SEC East champions. This is the same squad that looked demoralized and overmatched in many games last season under Will Muschamp. Boy, how things have changed. Even when the Gators don’t play well, they still found a way to win. Florida would not have won Saturday’s game if Muschamp was the coach. Jim McElwain has turned this program around.
Here are eight things you need to know today:
- The unlikeliest hero vaulted the Florida Gators into the SEC Championship. This is definitely the best way to get back in the good graces of the fan base.
- Right after the game, Hardin took to Twitter to troll a reporter. Hardin had the last laugh, and it’s hilarious.
- Jim McElwain’s post-game press conference had a quote that resonated with me. He’s absolutely right, and that’s exactly what the Gators did on Saturday.
- Five things we learned after the Gators’ win. One thing we learned: The Gators will play in the Georgia Dome next month with a chance to win the SEC Championship.
- Florida players went crazy after clinching the SEC East. This is absolutely great and well-deserved for these guys.
- McElwain is the first coach in SEC history to accomplish this. If this doesn’t let you know how great of a hire McElwain was for Florida, then I don’t know what will.
- Gators defensive lineman Jordan Sherit will miss the first half of the South Carolina game because of this controversial call.
- Former Gators call out referees after Florida’s win. The refs deserved criticism after that game. There were many questionable calls.
Other Florida news around the Internet:
- Florida’s recruiting targets react to Gators clinching the SEC East. (Andrew Spivey, Gator Country)
- One national writer thinks the Gators are not Playoff worthy. (Barrett Sallee, Bleacher Report)
The best stories around the SEC:
- The University of Alabama issued a statement that it was disgusted with this banner hung up by Crimson Tide fans.
- Sad news: Mississippi State freshman Keith Joesph and his father were killed in a car accident.
- Should Arkansas’ crazy lateral have counted?
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema has hilarious slip up in post-game press conference
- Alabama running back Derrick Henry tied a record that Tim Tebow has.