Florida may be four days away from the SEC championship game, but the biggest news of the day happened on the recruiting trail. Let’s get right to all of the action you may have missed on Monday.
Here are eight things you need to know:
- Florida will be without one of its best defensive players
- Florida WR Demarcus Robinson’s status with the team is still undetermined
- The Gators lost a commitment from a 4-star defensive back
- UGA’s coveted 5-star QB commit gave Florida some gigantic news
- Wide receiver prospect is upset with the Florida Gators
- Gators commit is working hard at flipping an Auburn QB commit
- Alabama RB Derrick Henry doesn’t think he’s close to being on Tim Tebow’s level
- Florida dropped a spot in the SEC Country Power Rankings
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- 4-star QB Feleipe Franks’ commitment to Florida gives the team an optimistic future (Chris Johnson, Sports Illustrated)
- Jim McElwain has backed Treon Harris as the team’s starting QB (Edgar Thompson, Orlando Sentinel)
The best stories around the SEC
- Former UGA coach Mark Richt is reportedly getting some interest from a fellow SEC East team.
- Richt will also reportedly meet with Maryland to discuss its coaching vacancy.
- A national radio host declared the SEC as overrated and left out Alabama from his top four Playoff contenders.
- Jacob Eason’s commitment to UGA is “in a holding pattern.”
- South Carolina comeback reportedly cost Orlando bar 15,000 free beers.