Happy Friday, Gators fans! It’s been a busy week with all the NFL Scouting Combine festivities taking place in Indianapolis, and Thursday was no exception. SEC Country has a crew of reporters on the ground to give you all the updates. So without further adieu …
Here are eight things to know:
- One four-star athlete has 22 offers and counting. Could Florida being one of the first be an advantage?
- Former wide receiver Demarcus Robinson admitted he made selfish — in his own words — choices while with the Gators.
- A new assistant coach is already busy with the new gig.
- A former Florida quarterback who played at Louisiana Tech this year, thinks he could have had 4,000 passing yards with the Gators.
- Who were the three cornerbacks who gave Laquon Treadwell trouble?
- Sometimes an injury is a blessing in disguise.
- What could Florida have done better in order to land Marcus Tatum?
- A Georgia defensive lineman is impressed with the Gators off the bat.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Bret Ingalls has been hired in a quality control assistant role, Jim McElwain announced.
- A former Ohio State running back gave the Gators football team a powerful pep talk, the Palm Beach Post’s Anthony Chiang wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- Tennessee’s athletic director addressed the ongoing lawsuit against the University.
- The Tennessee players are also responding to the allegations.
- The domestic violence case against Johnny Manziel will be sent to a grand jury.