Man, what an extremely busy Monday for Gator Nation. For the most part, Florida received some fantastic news. Mainly, the future of Gators football looks so bright that you need some polarized lenses to look into the future. With that being said, let’s get to all the news you may have missed from Monday.
Here are nine things to know:
- Jim McElwain finally reacted to the NCAA’s ruling on Will Grier’s failed appeal
- Will the College Football Playoff committee care about Florida’s overtime scare? That is the big question heading into tonight’s rankings release.
- Florida will once again be without some key players heading into this weekend’s game. The lack of depth heading into a rivalry game is concerning.
- LSU lost its prized quarterback recruit Monday night, and that is likely excellent news for Florida
- Florida added commitment No. 23 on Monday night.
- That newest commitment may help Florida land a 5-star prospect. Gators fans will love the text message the 5-star sent to the new commit.
- Florida’s kicking situation is so woeful that McElwain resorted to this during his weekly press conference.
- Florida’s top commit called out a fan who disrespected his mother at this past weekend’s Gators game.
- Florida remained at No. 2 in this week’s SEC Country Power Rankings, but it’s where one voter slotted the Gators that will leave you scratching your head.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Florida and Florida State would have been better off if Seminoles QB Everett Golson signed with the Gators. (Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel)
- Trash talk, rivalry keep the Gators and Seminoles on each other’s minds. (Jared Shanker, ESPN)
The best stories around the SEC
- Five potential jobs for embattled LSU coach Les Miles.
- Lane Kiffin was supremely displeased that a player slapped his butt.
- There are loads of SEC players in the latest NFL mock draft.
- Former Florida coach Dan Mullen is reportedly a strong candidate for another job.
- LSU recruits support Les Miles and hope he doesn’t leave the program.