That didn’t take long — Jim McElwain has already earned the praises of Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley for a dominant inaugural season with the Gators. But McElwain is too busy to soak that in right now, it’s all recruiting all the time for the next six days.
Here are 10 things to know:
- First things first: You know this by now, but Florida’s new kicker is the real deal.
- What are McElwain and the coaching staff are up to on the road this week?
- Here’s what Foley said on McElwain.
- A graduate transfer who Florida is vying for will visit campus this weekend.
- A five-star outside linebacker will be in Gainesville, as well.
- No other conference has speed like the SEC does, according to Antonio Morrison.
- A Florida player won’t be participating in any more Senior Bowl drills this week, because of a hamstring injury.
- One SEC quarterback in particular is getting quite a few comparisons to Tim Tebow.
- Florida is doing everything it can to hold onto a top safety commit.
- According to a report, Florida’s offensive coordinator could be a viable candidate for a head coaching opening at another school.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Check out the full Q&A with Foley from FloridaGators.com’s Scott Carter.
- Antonneous Clayton is already committed to the Gators, so now he’s helping recruit another top prospect, the Palm Beach Post’s Anthony Chiang wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- Alabama fans are still thanking Arkansas.
- Cam Newton is rather persuasive it seems.
- The nation’s No. 1 player is going to try to visit two schools in different states in one weekend.
- Check out six SEC recruits that show early promise.
- Despite rumors, Braxton Miller never had plans to transfer to Alabama. Here’s the real story.