Florida escaped with a 20-14 overtime win against 2-9 Florida Atlantic this past weekend. Because of that performance, the Gators dropped in the AP Poll and are likely to drop in the College Football Playoff rankings when they come out tonight.
Florida will host Florida State this weekend, and if the Gators win, these bowl projections could look very different next week because of all the other high-profile games this Saturday.
With that being said, here’s where Florida is projected to play if the season ended today:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm): Sugar Bowl (New Orleans) — Florida vs. Baylor
- CollegeSportsMadness.com: Sugar Bowl — Florida vs. Baylor
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach): Sugar Bowl — Florida vs. Baylor
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy): Citrus Bowl (Orlando, Fla.) — Florida vs. Ohio State
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk): Citrus Bowl — Florida vs. Ohio State
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender): Sugar Bowl — Florida vs. Oklahoma
- CampusInsiders.com (Pete Fiutak): Sugar Bowl — Florida vs. Baylor
- BleacherReport.com (Bryan Fischer): Sugar Bowl — Florida vs. Baylor