After most of the bowl projections involving the Gators over the past few weeks had them playing in Jacksonville for the TaxSlayer Bowl, Florida has now outplayed those expectations.
The popular opinion now is that Florida will play in the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Fla. on Jan. 1. One projection even has the Gators landing in the Sugar Bowl. Oh, and don’t overlook the projection that has Florida taking on defending national champion Ohio State and ex-Gators coach Urban Meyer.
Those are some intriguing scenarios.
Here’s a roundup of all the updated bowl projections after Week 6 involving undefeated Florida. We’ll continue to update this list throughout the season with the latest bowl projections.
- CBS Sports (Jerry Palm): Citrus Bowl (Orlando, Fla.) – Florida vs. Michigan State
- CollegeFootballNews.com (Pete Fiutak): Sugar Bowl (New Orleans) — Florida vs. Baylor
- College Sports Madness: TaxSlayer Bowl (Jacksonville, Fla.) — Florida vs. Wisconsin
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy): Peach Bowl (Atlanta) – Florida vs. Toledo
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach): Peach Bowl (Atlanta) – Florida vs. Ohio State
- SB Nation (Jason Kirk): Citrus Bowl (Orlando) – Florida vs. Michigan State
- Sporting News (Bill Bender): Citrus Bowl (Orlando) – Florida vs. Michgan