ORLANDO, Fla. — Antonneous Clayton is not looking to redshirt as a true freshman.
The Florida defensive end commit wants to play right away for the Gators in 2016.
“Absolutely,” Clayton told SEC Country. “I don’t care about any (defensive) end that’s in front of me. I’m just being honest.”
His confidence is not misplaced. Clayton has been one of the top performers during the practices for the Under Armour All-America Game, which features the nation’s top high school talent.
The 6-foot-3, 218-pounder displayed impressive pass-rushing ability and could earn himself a 5-star rating if he continues to stand out this week.
“I love competition,” Clayton said. “It brings out your true colors.”
In the video interview above, Clayton answers the following questions:
- What does he think about defensive end Alex McCalister leaving Florida early?
- How loyal is he with his UF commitment?
- Which schools are still pursuing him?
- What visits will he take in January?
- How was it meeting former Gator and 2015 first-round pick Dante Fowler Jr.?
— Rivals.com (@Rivals) December 29, 2015