HATTIESBURG, Miss. — Florida safety commit Jeawon Taylor says his biggest priority is getting one of his best friends to join him in Gainesville.
His good friend happens to be the nation’s No. 1 outside linebacker, Lyndell Wilson. Taylor and Wilson are currently participating in practices for the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game, so their time together has been used for some recruiting talk.
“I have to get him with me,” Taylor told SEC Country. “We would be great together. You’d fit perfectly. (Antonio) Morrison — he’s leaving, so we should be OK.”
Taylor wouldn’t say one way or the other if Florida does have the best chance to land Wilson. Currently, Florida is Wilson’s leader, but he’s also said that Alabama has been his dream school since he was little and the Crimson Tide have the best program in college football.
Taylor is ranked as the nation’s No. 31 safety.
In the video above, you can get the answers to the following questions:
1) What is the status of Taylor’s commitment?
2) What have the Gators coaches been telling him as of late?
3) Which SEC school is he considering as a second option?
4) Is it concerning to him that Florida has several defensive backs committed in this year’s recruiting class?
5) What were his thoughts on the SEC championship game?