GAINESVILLE, Fla. — National Signing Day is just three weeks away for the Florida Gators.
They currently have 15 commits and scholarship room for nine more prospects. The coaching staff will hit the recruiting trial Thursday when the contact period begins.
Here is SEC Country‘s latest mock class for Florida.
* indicates current commit
** indicates commit who will enroll early
* 3-star quarterback Jake Allen (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
- Allen won his second consecutive state championship as a senior and led his team to a 33-25 victory over Bingham (Utah) in the inaugural State Champions Bowl Series in Texas on Dec. 23.
Running back (2)
- In late July, Lemons was the No. 1 running back in the state of Florida. His ranking and star rating dropped because he didn’t play the second half of his senior season. But don’t undervalue Lemons if he recommits to the Gators. He has always been the top target.
Wide receiver (2)
- Robinson is scheduled to officially visit the Gators this weekend, and they’re the team to beat his recruitment. Both he and Green are Under Armour All-Americans and would be a talented pair of signees for Florida.
Tight end (2)
- Gamble, the state’s No. 1 tight end, is one of six mid-year enrollees and officially joined the program on Wednesday.
— Jim McElwain (@CoachMcElwain) January 11, 2017
Offensive line (3)
- Telfort is enrolled and Florida will receive Jan. 27 official visits from Herbert and Moore, who committed to the Gators on Christmas. Herbert is a Michigan pledge, but a flip could be in the works.
Defensive line (4)
** 3-star defensive tackle Kyree Campbell (Woodbridge, Va.)
* 4-star defensive end Zachary Carter (Tampa, Fla.)
4-star defensive tackle Tedarrell Slaton (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
3-star defensive tackle Tyrone Truesdell (Augusta, Ga.)
- The Gators are no longer in the mix with 5-star defensive tackle Aubrey Solomon (Leesburg, Ga.). However, they’ve taken the lead for Slaton, a U.S. Army All-American, and still hold the edge for Truesdell.
- UF will host 4-star linebacker Levi Jones (Austin, Texas) on an official visit this weekend, but Florida State is the favorite to land him. The Gators have a better shot at Smith, who’s also being pursued by LSU, Louisville, Michigan State and Oregon.
Defensive back (6)
* 4-star cornerback Elijah Blades (Pasadena, Calif.)
* 3-star defensive back Shawn Davis (Miami)
* 4-star cornerback Marco Wilson (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
4-star cornerback C.J. Henderson (Miami)
3-star defensive back Brian Edwards (Miramar, Fla.)
4-star defensive back Brad Stewart (New Orleans)
- The Gators are going all in on Edwards, a 6-foot-3, 195-pound prospect who could play corner or safety. A former Miami (Fla.) commit, Edwards will visit UF on Jan. 27. Florida is still in great shape with Henderson and Stewart.
** 3-star athlete Kadarius Toney
- Toney will go through spring practice. He hopes to play quarterback but is expected to end up at wide receiver or safety.
Unless otherwise indicated, ratings and rankings come from the 247Sports Composite.