Join us here on SEC Country for a daily recap of the latest Florida recruiting news, tales from the trail and perspective on what it all means for the Gators.
The Gators have three unsigned commits in their 2018 class. Top-100 tackle Richard Gouraige chose not to sign with Florida during the early signing period and now has a final decision to make. He has officially visited Auburn, Clemson, Florida and Ole Miss, but will likely choose between the Gators and Tigers of the ACC. Gouraige plans to announce around 2:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday.
There’s a dozen targets remaining on the board, so it will be a busy day for Florida coach Dan Mullen. He and his staff have room for six more recruits in the 2018 class. Here’s a look at who is making their decisions:
- Caleb Tannor, 4-star LB: 8:45 a.m. ET (Auburn, Florida, Nebraska)
- Fabien Lovett, 3-star DL: 9:00 a.m. ET (Florida, Mississippi State, Ole Miss)
- Justin Watkins, 4-star WR: 9:15 a.m. ET (Florida commit)
- Griffin McDowell, 3-star OG: 10:00 a.m. ET (Florida commit)
- Nicholas Petit-Frere, 5-star OT: 10:00 a.m. ET hour on ESPNU (Alabama, Florida, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State)
- Andrew Chatfield, 4-star LB: 10:00 a.m. ET hour on ESPNU (Florida, Florida State, Miami)
- Nesta Silvera, 4-star DT: 10:00 a.m. ET (Florida, Miami)
- Malcolm Lamar, 4-star DE: 10:00 a.m. ET (Florida, Florida State)
- Noah Boykin, 4-star CB: 11:30 a.m. ET (Florida, Notre Dame)
- Jacob Copeland, 4-star WR: 2:00 p.m. ET hour on ESPN2 (Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Tennessee)
- Caleb Johnson, 3-star DE: 2:30 p.m. ET (Auburn, Florida, Georgia)
- Richard Gouraige, 4-star OT: 2:45 p.m. ET (Auburn, Florida, Clemson)
- Malik Langham, 4-star DE: 3:30 p.m. ET (Alabama, Auburn, Florida)
- Dorian Gerald, JUCO DE: Announcing on Friday (Arkansas, Florida, Louisville, Texas A&M)
- Noah Boykin: The writing has been on the wall with Boykin since last month. He officially visited Florida on Jan. 19 and de-committed from Maryland the following week. Ohio State and Penn State reportedly tried to get him on campus late, but he did not make either trip.
- Jacob Copeland: Copeland took his final official visit to Florida last weekend and received the red-carpet treatment from coaches and players. The combination of Alabama losing some key assistants in Copeland’s recruitment and Florida hiring a staff that he likes has put the Gators back in the driver’s seat.
- Andrew Chatfield: Miami began gaining momentum with Chatfield in early November, but that has changed in recent weeks. He received an in-home visit from Mullen and then officially visited Florida on Jan. 26. He has been trending toward the Gators since that trip.
- Malcolm Lamar: Lamar has seemingly been a lock to Florida State since Willie Taggart became the head coach. He took a trip to Florida and received an in-home visit from Mullen last Thursday, but the former Oregon commit tipped his hand by returning to FSU over the weekend.
- Malik Langham: Alabama was still the top school for Langham after his official visit to Florida on Jan. 26. He checked out Auburn last weekend as well, but even the in-state Tigers won’t be able to turn the tide on Alabama’s lead.
Miss a previous Gator Chomps notebook? Find every daily recap of Florida Gators recruiting right here.