The first weekend of the January contact period produced both positive and negative news for Florida on the recruiting trail.
All went well in Gainesville, where the Gators hosted eight official visitors on campus. However, a couple of UF commits and targets visited other schools and enjoyed their trips.
Here are this weekend’s seven biggest UF recruiting stories:
- One Gators pledge says Florida made a big push for some uncommitted prospects who visited.
- After revisiting UF, a four-star UGA commit says the Gators staff has created a new culture in Gainesville. Will he be part of it?
- Alabama is trying to flip a few of UF’s commits. One of them took a trip to Tuscaloosa and feels that the Tide are making him a big priority.
- A longtime Auburn commit visited the Tigers this weekend, but he still intends on taking an official to Florida.
- The Gators get the last visit from this South Florida linebacker, but now they have another SEC school to compete with.
- Two days after reacting to the firing of UF’s secondary coach, the No. 1 cornerback target for Florida named LSU his leader.
- A Gators safety commit and the top linebacker on their board both visited UGA, which set the bar high for their upcoming UF trip.