GAINESVILLE, Fla. — With Saturday’s stunning news that quarterback Will Grier is transferring from Florida, the signing of Elite 11 finalst Feleipe Franks for early enrollment holds even more importance for the Gators.
Florida’s QB competition will be open in 2016, and Franks was already expected to contend for the starting job.
SEC Country profiled the U.S. Army All-American on Friday in a series of features and stories, dubbed #FeleipeFranksFriday.
Catch up on all the content below and get to know the future Gators quarterback.
- How barefoot football in a pasture made Franks the player he is today.
- Franks’ maturity, upbringing helped him handle hype, crazy recruitment.
- He may be the only top QB recruit in the country with this side job.
- Franks’ high school coach calls him “a real field general” and reveals what his best quality is.
- A former NFL quarterback heaped extremely high praise on Franks after his Elite 11 performance.
- The Elite 11 MVP gives an eye-opening evaluation of Franks’ ability and arm strength.
- The Florida-LSU rivalry just got a little more interesting thanks to Franks’ flip.
- UF compliance found a way to publicize Franks and other mid-year recruits without the risk of an NCAA violation.