Florida football: Recruiting a priority with early signing period closing in
Florida Gators football is the No. 1 topic in Good Morning, Gators every day — but we cover news, notes and analysis from across the Gators sports world. Join us each morning to get caught up on everything you missed in the world of Florida football, recruiting, basketball and more.
Recruiting whirlwind continues
With the early signing period now just eight days away, Florida is continuing its strong push on the recruiting trail. In summary:
- Coach Dan Mullen’s first recruiting weekend yielded a few surprises.
- Where the Gators stand with 5-star guard Jamaree Salyer after his official visit.
- Three-star athlete Nigel Bethel de-committed.
Taven Bryan going pro
In other Florida football news
- Special teams duo Johnny Townsend and Eddy Pineiro were named All-Americans by the Associated Press.
- Florida officially announced the hiring of strength and conditioning coach Nick Savage.
- A closer look at new offensive assistant Brian Johnson’s success as a quarterbacks coach.
- Breaking down the Gators’ staff hires to this point.
Basketball tumbles in the polls
After two losses last week, the Gators men’s basketball team dropped 15 spots to No. 22 in the AP poll, which was released Monday afternoon.
Gymnastics getting early recognition
The Florida gymnastics team will open the season as the No. 2 team in the country. The Gators are coming off a third-place finish at the NCAA Championships last season.
Let’s keep talking
Want to keep the conversation going? Hop over to our free Florida message board. Sign up now and join the discussion here.
What they’re saying on Twitter
Wide receiver Dre Massey:
That was The Dolphins Super-Bowl 😂 #FinsUp😴
— Drè Massey (@D1Masseyy) December 12, 2017
Tight end Kemore Gamble:
New Chapter 😌
— |HUMBLE| (@kemoregamble15) December 12, 2017
Quarterback commit Matt Corral:
Thank you Coach Mullen and Coach Johnson for coming to visit.
I will see you this weekend in the Swamp. 🐊 pic.twitter.com/imPHGFcXq6
— M A T T Y (@corral_matt) December 11, 2017
Miss a previous edition of Good Morning, Gators? Get caught up here.