The Gators are in Hoover, Ala., for SEC Media Days on Monday, but Jalen Tabor was left behind.
The Florida defensive back decided to host a media days of his own via Periscope where he answered fan questions for a brief period during the afternoon. It seemed as if someone had a talk with the noted trash-talker before the session because Tabor was on his best behavior.
Fans prodded to get a juicy answer out of Tabor. He was asked which wide receiver he was most looking forward to locking up this season, but the Gators’ star cornerback wouldn’t budge.
“Wish I could say, but I’ll keep it to myself,” he said.
The defensive back, who has taken a few shots at Tennessee over Twitter, discussed a myriad of topics on Monday.
We bring you some of the highlights:
- On winning 12 in a row over Tennessee…“No doubt”.
- On freshman WR Tyrie Cleveland… “Tyrie looks real good so far. Big receiver that can run.”
- On dream matchup with New York Giants and former LSU WR Odell Beckham, Jr…“I can lock up Odell. Just have to put your hands on him. Get physical with him.”
- On expectations this season…“I see us in the national championship game. No doubt”
- Tabor hopes to be a top-10 draft pick this season
- He has major respect for LSU defensive back Jamal Adams
- He hopes to have 8-10 interceptions this season
- Former Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell is the best wideout he’s gone up against.
- He predicts that the Gators will play LSU or Alabama in the SEC Championship game
- He said the kicking game has improved “a lot”
- He could not name who he thinks should start at quarterback
- He says CB Quincy Wilson is the most underrated Gator.