Florida released its 2016 media football guide Sunday ahead of SEC Media Days this week.
The Gators are the second team to take the podium Monday. UF coach Jim McElwain will be joined by linebacker Jarrad Davis, safety Marcus Maye and offensive tackle David Sharpe.
Here are some notes from Florida’s updated roster:
- Star wide receiver Antonio Callaway and former starting quarterback Treon Harris remain on the roster. Both Miami players were suspended in January for student code of conduct violations. Last month, Callaway and Harris had their suspensions modified and were allowed to return to campus for classes and team workouts. Florida has yet to announce the status of both players for the fall. Harris, who may switch to wide receiver, is still listed as a quarterback.
- The roster doesn’t show any new position changes.
- Linebacker Alex Anzalone is now classified as a redshirt junior. He presumably has received a medical redshirt after missing all but two games last season with a shoulder injury. Anzalone was listed as a senior in the spring.
- There are no new transfers for the Gators. Wide receivers Alvin Bailey and Ryan Sousa left the program following spring football. Sousa, now at Southern Illinois, is mistakenly included on Florida’s updated roster.
- The new weight for offensive guard Brandon Sandifer is not yet reflected on the roster. He’s still listed at 339 pounds, which is what he weighed at the start of spring practice. But Sandifer tweeted a picture of himself in May and said he was down to 315 pounds.
- The jersey numbers for the remaining 2016 signees have been assigned. There are as follows:
- No. 2 Tyrie Cleveland, WR
- No. 11 Vosean Joseph, LB
- No. 12 C.J. McWilliams, CB
- No. 22 Lamical Perine, RB
- No. 27 Quincy Lenton, S
- No. 29 Jeawon Taylor, S
- No. 35 Joseph Putu, CB (arrives in August)
- No. 50 Jeremiah Moon, LB
- No. 61 Brett Heggie, OL
- No. 65 Jawaan Taylor, OL
- No. 83 Rick Wells, WR
- No. 90 Antonneous Clayton, DE
- No. 99 Jachai Polite, DE