The rumors were true.
Former Florida swimmer Ryan Lochte will be back in your living room this fall as a contestant on the 23rd season of ABC’s hit television show Dancing with the Stars.
The news was made official on Tuesday, when Lochte and other cast members were unveiled on ABC’s Good Morning America.
He took that opportunity to clear the air on the controversy surrounding his role in a gas station altercation during the Rio Olympics earlier in the month. Brazilian authorities recently indicated they would pursue charges against Lochte in regards to a falsified police report.
“I’m never one to dwell on the past,” he said, according to ABC. “Everyone has got to be sick and tired about hearing about this. I just want to move forward.”
Lochte said the report from the 2016 summer games host country are overblown.
“USA TODAY and other people have been finding out and investigating,” Lochte said, according to USA Today. “There was no damage to the bathroom. I have never even entered the bathroom. It was locked, so we couldn’t’ go in there at all. The story about me vandalizing the bathroom is absurd. It never happened.”
— ABC News (@ABC) August 30, 2016