HOOVER, Ala. — Growing up in Alabama, four-star linebacker Jeremiah Moon didn’t have the Florida Gators on his mind.
Like most in-state kids, Alabama and Auburn were his dream schools. He was also high on Mississippi State and at one point thought he would go to South Carolina.
But an offer from UF last summer changed his entire recruitment.
“I never thought I would get an opportunity to play for them, to be honest,” Moon said. “I just never saw myself going there. I didn’t have any contact with the coaches at first and I’m from Alabama.
“But when Florida reached out, I thought about it and felt like it was a great option. When you think about all their history and the great players they’ve had come through there, there’s a wow factor.”
In the video interview above, Moon answers the following questions:
- Why did he choose Florida over Auburn, Mississippi State and South Carolina?
- How does he fit into the scheme of defensive coordinator Geoff Collins?
- What appealed to him about playing for linebackers coach Randy Shannon?
- How much more physical development does he anticipate experiencing in college?
- What are his team expectations for the 2016 season?