MONTGOMERY, Ala. — Jeawon Taylor found himself behind enemy lines during the week of last year’s SEC championship game.
The Florida safety commit from Alabama attends a high school overrun with Crimson Tide fans, but that only fueled his trash-talk.
“Oh, I let them hear it,” Taylor said with a smile. “I went at them all week. Everyone thought we would lose. Let’s be real, we could have got them last year if we had better quarterback play.”
It was a five-point game at halftime, but Alabama pulled away to win 29-15 and capture its second straight conference title.
Taylor is looking forward to facing to his home-state school in Atlanta and topping the Tide.
“It’s going to be emotional,” Taylor said. “Who doesn’t want to beat Alabama? Especially me, because I’m from Alabama.
“We should be in the SEC championship (this year). This time we’ll win it.”
In the video interview above, Taylor answers the following questions:
- What is his workout regimen to get ready for Florida?
- What expectations does defensive coordinator Geoff Collins have for him?
- Why did he stick with Florida after visiting Georgia late?
- How did he think of his pump-fake announcement on signing day?
- What are his team expectations for the 2016 season?