2 things every Kentucky fan needs to know today
What’s up, Kentucky fans?
The Wildcats have a new player, Tai Wynyard, and he’s a legitimate lumberjack. Need we say anything more?
Here are two things to know:
- Wynyard is a forward from New Zealand and his favorite possession is his axe. Get to know this interesting player on and off the court.
- John Calipari has a different team this year — one that must rely on fundamentals instead of stars like last year’s powerhouse group. Calipari has done some deep thinking about his Wildcats these past few days, and he took to Twitter to share what came to mind.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Get to know one of Kentucky’s top football commits, Kash Daniel. He’s so eager to start playing with the Wildcats he can hardly wait, the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale wrote.
- Take a look at who’s improving, who’s struggling and who’s staying stagnant on the basketball team, from the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker.
- Tucker also caught up with ESPN’s Seth Greenberg, Sporting News’ Mike DeCourcy and CBSSports’ Gary Parrish to talk Kentucky hoops.
- Kentucky and Louisville play Saturday. Kentucky usually seems to have the upperhand, but these two teams aren’t too far away from each other in the AP poll, the Lexington Herald-Leader noted.
- Kentucky is lacking the powerful presence in the post it has been accustomed to having, the Lexington Herald-Leader’s Jerry Tipton wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- According to a report, an Auburn commit who was diagnosed with cancer will get to spend the holidays away from the hospital and with his family.
- One NFL scout thinks Alabama quarterback Jake Coker could be better in the pros than he has been in college.
- Ole Miss’ Robert Nkemdiche has made headlines for his off-the-field troubles. That could cause some problems for him in the NFL draft.
- For what seems like the first time all year, Alabama’s Derrick Henry lost out on an award.
- Football was a way to a better life for LSU’s Leonard Fournette.