Kentucky sure looked like the 2014-15 Final Four team that absolutely throttled opponents last year, when it played UGA on Tuesday.
No, seriously … the Wildcats won by 34 points and never let up on the gas pedal. No Tennessee game deja vú here.
Here are three things to know:
- Get all your updates on the turning point, as well as who SEC Country named the game MVP here.
- Alex Poythress is out for two weeks, but it’s not clear why.
- Kentucky fans got weird in Rupp Arena on Tuesday.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- If you’re looking for some quick thoughts, here is the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker’s instant thoughts.
- Before the game, the Lexington Herald-Leader’s Jerry Tipton wrote about Tyler Ulis, Kentucky’s unquestioned leader.
- UGA isn’t one of the programs that Kentucky seems to lose any sleep over in its preparation, Seth Emerson wrote for DawgNation, SEC Country’s partner site.
The best stories around the SEC
- According to a report, Ole Miss’ football team has been cited with more than dozen NCAA violations.
- The SEC is upset that Michigan is planning to take a trip to Florida in the spring for practice.
- But Jim Harbaugh isn’t going anywhere, so the SEC needs to get used to it.
- Tennessee is facing a sexual assault lawsuit, according to a report.
- We all saw the upset, standoffish version of Cam Newton after the Super Bowl, but Peyton Manning saw something else.