It’s the weekend, Kentucky fans! Kick it off with all your Kentucky news.
Here are two things to know:
- Kentucky sophomore running back Boom Williams and two other Kentucky players won’t suit up for the Wildcats’ Saturday matchup against UGA, all due to injury.
- Kentucky and UGA have both faced their fair share of adversity lately. Tickets to this weekend’s game are the cheapest of the season at Sanford Stadium.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Other than a walk through on Friday, Kentucky is done with practice for the week heading into the UGA matchup. Jon Hale of the Louisville Courier-Journal was at practice and has the full report.
- The Lexington Herald-Leader’s Jen Smith has the transcript of Mark Stoops’ final press conference remarks heading into Saturday.
- With each day that passes, the basketball team is seeing freshman forward Skal Labissiere get better and better, the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker wrote.
- Coach John Calipari had plenty to say Thursday about the state of his current team. Check it out, again from Tucker.
- The No. 1 recruit in the nation tore his ACL, but is still expected to make his college announcement Friday, ESPN’s Paul Biancardi wrote.
Best stories around the SEC
- UGA has its issues right now, but former running back Todd Gurley seems to be just fine wearing a tutu for a Jolly Rancher commercial.
- Nick Saban admitted that when he was in the NFL he worked with someone who stole signs. Saban said Alabama does not do that.
- A USA Today report questioned if Leonard Fournette’s family violated NCAA policy.
- The SEC Country Staff made our picks for the LSU-Alabama game.
- Who do you prefer, Saban or Bear Bryant?