Sometimes there are just no words, Kentucky fans. Assuming you watched — or at least heard about — Saturday’s game at UGA, today could be one of those times for you. So without further adieu, let’s just jump right in.
Here are 2 things you need to know today:
- For the fourth straight week, the Wildcats came up short and gained no ground on their quest toward bowl eligibility. Kentucky coach Mark Stoops is running out of things to say, so on Saturday he kept it simple: “We took a pretty good beating.”
- As such, the Wildcats could be making some changes with their quarterback strategy. Patrick Towles’ job sounds like it could be on the line.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Let’s start with Jon Hale of the Louisville Courier-Journal. First things first, here’s Mark Stoops’ comments in full from the postgame press conference Saturday.
- Hale also has all the video you need from the coaches and players, including Towles, who shared his thoughts on potentially losing his job.
- Towles point blank said that if he isn’t producing enough, he should lose his job, Hale wrote.
- But it wasn’t just Towles who struggled, Hale pointed out. The special teams had a tough time, too.
- And finally, from Hale, Stoops had his regrets and offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson did something he’d never done before.
- The Lexington Herald-Leader’s Jen Smith dove into the quarterback drama.
- Also from Smith, an injury update, including some good news about Boom Williams.
- Here’s a basketball story from the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker to cheer you up.
The best stories around the SEC
- The end of the Arkansas-Ole Miss game was insane. Find out how the Razorbacks pulled it off.
- In his postgame press conference, Bret Bielema delivered one of the funniest accidental jokes of the season.
- On the other side of the spectrum, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze was extremely dejected after the Rebels’ loss.
- The Florida Gators are officially the SEC East champs.
- Send your good vibes to South Carolina wide receiver D.J. Neal, who had to go to the hospital.