2 things every Kentucky fan needs to know today
Well that escalated quickly. A day after the Wildcats lost their regular-season finale to Louisville, junior quarterback Patrick Towles announced he won’t be suiting up for Big Blue Nation anymore. Let’s get to it.
Here are two things to know:
- To refresh your memory, it was about two weeks ago that coach Mark Stoops decided to abruptly bench Towles in favor of redshirt freshman Drew Barker.
- Towles, who started the first 10 games this season, said on Instagram that he will be transferring before his final year of eligibility.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- More on Towles’ transfer, including comments from Stoops, from the Lexington Herald-Leader’s Jen Smith.
- Junior guard Dominique Hawkins is still discovering where he fits within a stacked Kentucky basketball team, writes the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker.
- The Wildcats play Illinois State tonight. Tucker has the storylines and broadcast information for you all in one place.
- The Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale breaks down what Towles’ transfer means, both for him and the Wildcats.
The best stories around the SEC
- The coaching drama continues. UGA has fired Mark Richt.
- Here’s a look at all that went wrong for the Bulldogs coach.
- With so many openings around the country, here are a few places Richt could land.
- A day before Richt was fired, a 5-star recruit indicated that letting him go would be a huge mistake.
- Some UGA fans held a vigil in Richt’s honor.