Good morning, Kentucky fans. The top story out of Kentucky on Tuesday is almost unbelievable. It’s so bizarre that it’s hard to even wrap your head around it. See for yourself.
Here are two things to know:
- A Kentucky fan was reportedly mad that the Wildcats lost to Louisville and took it out on his grandparents by punching them following a discussion about salad.
- You probably know this by now, but in case you’ve been under a rock, the basketball team improved to 7-0 on Monday.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Kentucky’s athletic director Mitch Barnhart certainly understands the fans’ frustration with the football program, but he’s asking Big Blue Nation to be patient with coach Mark Stoops, the Lexington Herald-Leader’s Jen Smith wrote.
- In addition to speaking with Smith, Barnhart also sat down with the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale.
- Barnhart told Hale that 2016 is important for Stoops and that despite the struggles, he’s still confident.
- Former Kentucky quarterback Maxwell Smith is proving just how tough he is. Smith wants to play in San Diego State’s bowl game so badly, that he’s willing to do it even with a torn ACL, the San Diego Tribune’s Kirk Kinney wrote.
- Despite freshman forward Skal Labissiere not giving Kentucky much to work with Monday, the Wildcats are confident he’ll catch up, the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- Another installment of the College Football Playoff rankings came out. Five SEC teams are in the top 25.
- The SEC’s leader, Alabama, has been stuck at No. 2 for weeks now.
- There is a report out there saying Dallas Cowboys special teams coach Rich Bisaccia could take over South Carolina’s program.
- UGA’s defensive coordinator, Jeremy Pruitt, could be another candidate for the Gamecocks’ opening, according to a report.
- Missouri sure is staying busy trying to hire its new football coach.