2 things every Kentucky fan needs to know today
Happy Thursday, Kentucky fans! The basketball team will play at UCLA tonight in what should be a classic between two traditional powerhouses. But before tip off, we’ve got a little bit of football news for you.
Here are two things to know:
- Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart will be UGA’s next coach. Could he be bringing Kentucky’s defensive backs coach with him?
- The football season is over. See who SEC Country’s Kentucky MVP was this season, as well as some of the most notable storylines of the year.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Here are the quick storylines you should know about the UCLA game tonight, from the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker.
- The last time the Wildcats and Bruins matched up, in 2014, it was a nightmare for UCLA. Kentucky won 83-44. This year’s Kentucky team isn’t like that, Tucker wrote.
- The Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale reviewed both Kentucky quarterbacks and their season performances.
- One former Kentucky star is now doing big things for the Kentucky state government, the Lexington Herald-Leader’s Jack Brammer wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- Alabama coach Nick Saban laid down the law when he told reporters they couldn’t ask him any more Kirby Smart questions.
- Former UGA coach Mark Richt is expected to become Miami’s new coach.
- According to a report, his defensive coordinator, Jeremy Pruitt, will not go with him. The report says Pruitt is interested in being the defensive coordinator at Michigan.
- See how current and former Miami players reacted to the Richt news.
- Alabama running back Kenyan Drake might not be ready to play in the SEC championship game.