All good things must come to an end soon, I suppose. The No. 1 Wildcats lost their first game of the season Wednesday night against a gritty UCLA team. Kentucky falls to 7-1 after back-to-back sloppy performances.
Here are 2 things to know:
- The Wildcats came out with an 87-77 loss as UCLA avenged its embarrassing loss to Kentucky from last year.
- See what coach John Calipari and some players said after the game.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Here are the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker’s instant thoughts on the loss.
- The Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale is reviewing Kentucky’s football team by position. The most recent post: the running backs.
- The state of Kentucky’s 2015-16 Gatorade Player of the Year is a Wildcats commit, Hale wrote.
- Here is full video of Calipari’s press conference from Tucker. Tucker also has video from Tyler Ulis and Isaiah Briscoe.
The best stories around the SEC
- After an emotional season, Missouri decided to promote from within for its next head coach. Defensive coordinator Barry Odom will take over.
- Odom is already a hit with some Missouri commits.
- The reaction from the current Tigers when they found out Odom is their new coach was priceless.
- Former UGA coach made a statement with his parting words in his final meeting with UGA players Thursday.
- Could Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp be heading to South Carolina?