The Wildcats’ path has opened up for a very deep NCAA Tournament run, as the Wildcats are now the highest remaining seed in the top half of the South Regional. The latest update on national title odds reflect that, as Kentucky has shot up from +2800 before the tournament to now +1250, per Odds Shark.
Virginia was the pre-tournament favorite, but with the Cavaliers now eliminated, Villanova now has the top odds at +475. The other SEC teams with significant odds are Tennessee at +2650 and Auburn at +5500. And if you’re feeling bold and want to ride the wave of UMBC, its NCAA Tournament odds are +55000.
Villanova faces a tough Alabama team on Saturday, which is led by star freshman Collin Sexton. Some have mentioned that Sexton reminds them of Kemba Walker, who famously led his 2011 Connecticut team to a national title. The Crimson Tide and Wildcats tip at 12:10 p.m. ET in Pittsburgh.
Kentucky, meanwhile, takes on No. 13 seed Buffalo in Boise, Idaho at 5:15 p.m. ET on CBS. The Wildcats beat Davidson in the first game of the tournament, while Buffalo knocked off Arizona in another surprising upset.
Below you can see a complete list of the tournament favorites, as well as the game times for all second-round games on Saturday.
2018 NCAA Tournament national title odds:
- Villanova: +475
- Duke: +575
- Michigan State: +825
- Kansas: +900
- Purdue: +1050
- Cincinnati: +1250
- Kentucky: +1250
- North Carolina: +1250
- Xavier: +1450
- Michigan: +1450
- Gonzaga: +1650
- Tennessee: +2650
- West Virginia: +2950
- Texas Tech: +4250
- Auburn: +5500
- UMBC: +55000
2018 NCAA Tournament: Schedule for second-round games
- No. 1 Villanova vs. No. 9 Alabama | 12:10 p.m. ET | CBS | (Pittsburgh)
- No. 2 Duke vs. No. 7 Rhode Island | 2:45 p.m. ET | CBS | (Pittsburgh)
- No. 5 Kentucky vs. No. 13 Buffalo | 5:15 p.m. ET | CBS | (Boise, Idaho)
- No. 3 Tennessee vs. No. 11 Loyola University Chicago | 6:10 p.m. ET | TNT | Dallas
- No. 1 Kansas vs. No. 8 Seton Hall | 7:10 p.m. ET | TBS | (Wichita, Kan.)
- No. 4 Gonzaga vs. No. 5 Ohio State | 7:45 p.m. ET | CBS | (Boise, Idaho)
- No. 3 Texas Tech vs. No. 6 Florida | 8:40 p.m. ET | TNT | Dallas
- No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 6 Houston | 9:40 p.m. ET | TBS | (Wichita, Kan.)