3 things every Kentucky fan needs to know today
Happy Thanksgiving, Big Blue Nation! In between the parade, football and stuffing your face, take a few minutes to keep up with your Wildcats.
Here are three things to know:
- The basketball team plays South Florida on Friday. The starting five could look a little different.
- Coach John Calipari has hinted that the move could involve taking Skal Labissiere out of the lineup.
- Mark Stoops and the Wildcats are playing for bowl eligibility Saturday against Louisville, but the game could have future ramifications for Stoops if he wants to get a big-time head coaching job down the line.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Mark Stoops fulfilled his weekly obligation on the SEC teleconference Wednesday. Read his brief, but full comments from the Lexington Herald-Leader’s Jen Smith.
- It’s been an emotional ride for Kentucky senior nose guard Melvin Lewis. Senior Day will bring a whole new set of emotions. But he’s not letting his broken fibula get in the way of the celebration, Smith wrote.
- Lewis is hopeful that if Kentucky makes a bowl game, he’ll be able to play, the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale wrote.
- When the basketball team travels to South Florida, Calipari will reunite with his former assistant, the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker wrote.
- From Hale: A detailed look at the beginning of the Kentucky-Louisville in 1912.
The best stories around the SEC
- Ole Miss took a break from the football field to deliver Thanksgiving baskets to families in need.
- AJ McCarron, his wife Katherine Webb and Chris Davis are having some fun ahead of the Iron Bowl this weekend.
- South Carolina got in the spirit for its rivalry matchup with Clemson with the school’s 64th annual Tiger Burn on Monday night.
- LSU fans got emotional during Les Miles’ radio show Wednesday night.
- Could Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen be leaving the SEC?