3 things every Kentucky fan needs to know today
Kentucky spent Wednesday’s practice preparing for Auburn. Defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot spoke about changes, so let’s take a look at his proposed improvements.
Here are three things you need to know as a Kentucky fan
- Eliot expects to have defensive tackle Regie Meant ready to play against Auburn. Eliot also said linebacker Denzil Ware practiced in a limited capacity. Both players missed time with injuries against Eastern Kentucky
- Young linebackers Courtney Love and Eli Brown impressed in practice.
- Patrick Towles is fourth in the SEC in completions and sixth in passing yards. Towles has 96 completions and 1,153 passing yards.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- The Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale wrote Kentucky running back Stanley “Boom” Williams returned to practice. Williams missed Saturday’s 34-27 overtime victory over Eastern Kentucky.
- The Lexington Herald-Leader’s John Clay wrote that Kentucky’s victory over Missouri was one of two SEC games this season in which neither team committed a turnover. LSU vs. Mississippi State was the other one.
The best stories around the SEC
- Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp is frustrated with his defense.
- Tennessee dismisses wide receiver Pig Howard.
- Ole Miss could be without four OL against New Mexico State.
LB Denzil Ware hobbled, in a boot on his right leg.
— Jen Smith (@jenheraldleader) October 7, 2015