What’s up, Kentucky fans?! Alabama-LSU will dominate the headlines this weekend, but your Wildcats have a pretty important game of their own coming up, too. Looking to snap a three-game losing skid, a win over UGA would give the Wildcats some more press of their own. Let’s check out everything you should read this Thursday morning.
Here are three things to know:
- Sophomore running back Boom Williams is still listed as doubtful for this weekend, but coach Mark Stoops said he’ll see what happens this week in practice.
- The offensive line has struggled immensely as of late, prompting Stoops to elaborate on why he thinks that’s the case.
- Want a laugh? Check this out:This Louisville fan has taken his support for Rick Pitino to the next level.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Stoops took his turn in the SEC teleconference Wednesday afternoon. The Lexington Herald-Leader’s Jen Smith has the full transcript.
- Defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot was in the coaching booth of the press box last week against Tennessee. This week, he’ll try that out again, the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale wrote.
- Here’s everything Eliot had to say at practice Wednesday, also from Hale.
- Hale also expanded on the offensive line’s problems against the Vols on Saturday.
- Kentucky wants to make sure you get the chance to see the football and basketball games on Nov. 14. The school changed the basketball team’s tipoff time so it won’t interfere with the football team’s kickoff, the Herald-Leader reported.
The best stories around the SEC
- LSU-Alabama is the matchup everyone is anticipating this weekend, but the weather might not do us any favors.
- This video — enough said.
- Everyone has an opinion on the first College Football Playoff rankings. It won’t be easy, but some think Ole Miss could make it in.
- The Tigers need Tre’Davious White against Alabama this weekend, but LSU coach Les Miles said White was “gimpy” in practice.
- For the Tennessee fans out there, Butch Jones urges you to stay patient.